MINNEAPOLIS (Jan. 23, 2017) — The Doughminators™, three dedicated pizza crust experts from General Mills Foodservice, will return to the International Pizza Expo to arm pizza makers with the skills and knowledge necessary to create signature crusts—the foundation for any great pizza. Taking place March 27-30 at the Las Vegas Convention Center, Pizza Expo is the largest event of its kind and draws thousands of pizza makers from independent and chain pizza restaurants from around the world.
The Doughminators have been a staple ingredient at the Pizza Expo for more than 25 years, conducting dough demonstrations and Pizza Crust Boot Camp™ sessions to help pizza makers achieve the perfect pizza crust. The team also makes themselves accessible throughout the show to help pizza makers troubleshoot and solve any pizza crust mystery that may be plaguing their operation.
“We are always up to the challenge to help solve a pizza crust catastrophe,” said Tim Huff, R&D manager and part of The Doughminators’ team. “With more than 100 collective years of experience working with flour and dough, we have heard it all. Therefore, we are more than happy to work one-on-one with pizza makers to share what we have learned.”
Pizza Crust Boot Camp, a highlight of the Pizza Expo, is a free seminar featuring both technical and practical information covering ingredient functionality, formulation, signature crusts, troubleshooting, and dough-making steps and methods. In addition to Pizza Crust Boot Camp, The Doughminators will host free dough demonstrations at the General Mills’ booth and be available to help operators identify the best flour type to meet their needs. This year, Doughminator Bill Weekley will also participate in a panel discussion about fermentation and dough enhancement. A complete schedule follows.
Schedule of General Mills Activity at Pizza Expo:
Panel Discussion: Is 24 Hours Enough? Understanding Fermentation and Dough Enhancement
- Monday, March 27: 1:30-2:30 p.m.
- Bill Weekley will take part in a panel discussion about methods for aging and enhancing pizza dough.
Dough Making Demonstrations (Booth #N1677):
- Tuesday, March 28 and Wednesday, March 29: 12:00 p.m., 1:30 p.m.
- Thursday, March 30: 12:00 p.m.
Pizza Crust Boot Camp ( Room N253):
- Tuesday, March 28 and Wednesday, March 29: 9:30-11:00 a.m.
- During Part I (technical), attendees will learn about basic dough formation along with the inter-functionality of the ingredients and applications of specialty ingredients.
- Tuesday, March 28 and Wednesday, March 29: 3:30-5:00 p.m.
- Part II (practical) covers the dough-making process and discusses various dough-processing methods as well as how to make “emergency” dough.
For those who can’t make it to the Pizza Expo, General Mills website for pizzerias offers helpful resources including dough troubleshooting tips, dough-making video demonstrations: http://www.generalmillscf.com/industries/pizzeria.